- Windows applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point)
- Mac applications (Pages, Numbers, Keynote, and even Garage Band)
- Google Suite applications (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Spreadsheets, etc)
- Crazy organized and efficient
- Good at managing particularly difficult bosses.
I have been a medical secretary on and off since 2001. I love learning about medicine and I love seeing patients get better. I currently work in a small Naturopathic medical office where we specialize in using herbal remedies and vitamins to treat illnesses. Whether it’s Conventional medicine or Alternative therapies, I am eager to learn and help people.
Here’s what I do:
- Scheduling, billing, filing, and general administrative work
- Generate sales for the practice
- Manage inventory and patient database using QuickBooks
- Mix herbal remedies according to prescription
- Help the doctor prepare for speaking engagements
- Assist in organizing/hosting speaking events
- Manage the practice’s email list and assist in Activism Marketing (I made up that term)
- Work with a team of volunteers to organize an annual festival
- Design, print, and distribute marketing materials
In the past I worked at:
- New England Medical Center, Boston Ma. 2001-2005
I worked on the Surgical floor for 3 years before becoming a “Float Secretary” meaning I had training in every department of the entire facility. I trained many other secretaries and plenty of Medical Students.
If you want to talk to someone about my sick secretarial skills then you can email Dr. Giammarino.