This probably doesn’t surprise you, but I am a trained Pilates Instructor. As a part of my training, I practiced under a wonderful woman named Jean Ida Hoffman a second generation student of Joseph Pilates himself.
During my time with her I managed her website and even modeled in some photos for her. When she was working with other teachers to rebrand her studio as a co-op, she asked me to design a new website for them.
Here’s what I did:
- Using the platform of their choice (doteasy), I helped them to choose a template and color scheme that would reflect the culture and style of the studio.
- While they supplied all the text, I did final edits and added links.
- Most importantly, after setting up the site I gave them a detailed manual that included screen shots and instructions so that they could update the website on their own. (Though I remain available to them if they need help.)
This doesn’t count as design work, but I also:
- Managed their VERY small Social Media ad campaign.
- At their re-branding launch I demonstrated some of the more challenging Pilates exercises for an audience of about 100 people.